Samsung Galaxy Note 7 EXPLODES inside hotel, causes £1000 worth of damage

//Samsung Galaxy Note 7 EXPLODES inside hotel, causes £1000 worth of damage

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 EXPLODES inside hotel, causes £1000 worth of damage

By | 2016-09-07T11:02:28+00:00 September 7th, 2016|Sci/Tech|0 Comments

A Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has spontaneously exploded inside a hotel room, causing more than $1,800 AUD (£1,028 converted) worth of damage, according to the smartphone owner.

The Australian owner of the explosive device claims to have been on a business trip when the smartphone reportedly combusted inside his room.

He described the unfortunate event on Reddit using the online alias Crushader.

“My brand new Note7 exploded this morning while I was still asleep, it was plugged in and charging,” he wrote.

“Phone completely fried, I can’t eject the SIM tray to retrieved my SIM or the SD card. I was using original charger and cable if you are wondering. 

“Charred the hotel room bed sheet and the carpet when I whacked it down to the floor, burnt one of my finger while doing that too.” [sic]